Friday, December 25, 2015

Hills and deer

I run along a 10 mile path along the lake. Outside the lake you have the hills, and the hills are steep and beautiful. I rode past a local who was walking to the spring and after the traditional "Merry Christmas," he said "You got it, almost to the top." It was a wicked, steep hill. And then I saw the whole City and the river they call the lake and you would not know there is any bustle or hustle. I was soon lost in the hills. I asked a man in dread locks, walking with his family, how to get back. Of course, they asked me what I wanted to see. In my life, when lost, people always assume I am on a journey. "You can take the green belt, or you can head back to the spring," he said. The point was  don't miss anything.

I made it back across down the hills and past the river and over the bridge.

They came to the town for the energy, for the hills and the spring. The birds smile, and the deer are well-fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment